Absent IPS officer got marks in law exam: Petition
Mumbai: A petition filed in the Bombay High Court has alleged that IPS officer KL Bishnoi did not appear in person for his practical examination in the LLB course four years ago, and yet managed to get marks for the same.
Chitra Salunkhe, who was the examiner for the practical examination, has filed the petition, seeking action against Bishnoi as well as officials of Siddharth Law College and the Mumbai university.
She alleged that on March 12, 2005 she was examiner for the practicals. There was a typed list of 15 students, and Bishnoi`s name was added to it later which was handwritten.
Since Bishnoi did not turn up for the examination which was to start at 8.30 am, she marked him absent. But later she was shocked to find out that he had been allotted marks for it.
When she asked the college principal about this, she was told that Bishnoi, then working with Economic Offences Wing, had taken the examination before the scheduled time, as he wanted to go to the police station later.
But Salunkhe alleged that there was no attendance signature against his roll number on the list.
Petition also alleged that Bishnoi had not taken Home Department`s permission for taking the exam. Despite the complaint, college and university did not investigate the matter, she alleged. The petition will come up for hearing on January 11.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'