Abu Azmi flays state government`s `anti-minority` policy
Jalna: Maharashtra Samajwadi Party unit chief Abu Azmi said that terrorists should be hanged if they are guilty, but innocent people should not be harassed and arrested by the police.
Azmi said he did not know what the truth about the recent arrest of Abu Jundal in connection of Mumbai terrorist attack really is, adding that the truth may come out.
He was speaking at a programme organized by his newly formed non-political organisation Majlis-e-Shoora at Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar hall here on Sunday.
Azmi lashed out the state government for its alleged "anti-minority policy", going on to accuse state minister of minority affairs Arif Naseem for being a Congress sycophant and doing nothing for the minority community.
He also criticised the government for taking action against Muslim Organizations like SIMI without any reason, questioning why the government did not take any action against communal organisations like Abhinav Bharat which spreads hatred among different communities.
Later addressing a media conference, Azmi opposed some clauses of the Communal Violence Bill in the Parliament, alleging that these are against the minority community.
When asked whether his party would ally with secular forces in the 2014 assembly polls, he said his party would choose the lesser evil and hinted that if the Congress is ready, his party may not be reluctant for an alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video