Abu Jundal produced in Nashik court
Nashik: Alleged LeT operative and Mumbai terror attack case accused Sayyad Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal was on Friday produced before the court here in the case related to the conspiracy to attack Maharashtra Police Academy (MPA).
Jundal is currently in Mumbai jail in connection with another case. Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad filed chargesheet in the MPA case last week.
He was produced before Additional District and Sessions Judge K K Tantrapale as the hearing of the case is due to start soon, Special Public Prosecutor Ajay Misar told reporters.
There are total of nine accused in the MPA attack conspiracy case, including Bilal Shaikh and Himayat Beg. They are facing the charges for allegedly conspiring to attack MPA in 2010. Of the nine, six are still absconding.
Beg has moved an application for discharge from the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed