Abu Jundal produced in Nashik court
Nashik: Alleged LeT operative and Mumbai terror attack case accused Sayyad Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal was on Friday produced before the court here in the case related to the conspiracy to attack Maharashtra Police Academy (MPA).
Jundal is currently in Mumbai jail in connection with another case. Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad filed chargesheet in the MPA case last week.
He was produced before Additional District and Sessions Judge K K Tantrapale as the hearing of the case is due to start soon, Special Public Prosecutor Ajay Misar told reporters.
There are total of nine accused in the MPA attack conspiracy case, including Bilal Shaikh and Himayat Beg. They are facing the charges for allegedly conspiring to attack MPA in 2010. Of the nine, six are still absconding.
Beg has moved an application for discharge from the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days