Abu Jundal produced in Nashik court
Nashik: Alleged LeT operative and Mumbai terror attack case accused Sayyad Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal was on Friday produced before the court here in the case related to the conspiracy to attack Maharashtra Police Academy (MPA).
Jundal is currently in Mumbai jail in connection with another case. Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad filed chargesheet in the MPA case last week.
He was produced before Additional District and Sessions Judge K K Tantrapale as the hearing of the case is due to start soon, Special Public Prosecutor Ajay Misar told reporters.
There are total of nine accused in the MPA attack conspiracy case, including Bilal Shaikh and Himayat Beg. They are facing the charges for allegedly conspiring to attack MPA in 2010. Of the nine, six are still absconding.
Beg has moved an application for discharge from the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra