Abu Jundal produced in Nashik court
Nashik: Alleged LeT operative and Mumbai terror attack case accused Sayyad Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal was on Friday produced before the court here in the case related to the conspiracy to attack Maharashtra Police Academy (MPA).
Jundal is currently in Mumbai jail in connection with another case. Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad filed chargesheet in the MPA case last week.
He was produced before Additional District and Sessions Judge K K Tantrapale as the hearing of the case is due to start soon, Special Public Prosecutor Ajay Misar told reporters.
There are total of nine accused in the MPA attack conspiracy case, including Bilal Shaikh and Himayat Beg. They are facing the charges for allegedly conspiring to attack MPA in 2010. Of the nine, six are still absconding.
Beg has moved an application for discharge from the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read