Abu Jundal remanded in judicial custody in conspiracy case
Nashik: A local court on Wednesday remanded terror suspect and 26/11 handler Abu Jundal in judicial custody till October 17 in the case of alleged conspiracy by LeT operatives to attack the Maharashtra Police Academy (MPA) here in 2010.
According to Anti-Terrorism Squad, alleged LeT members Bilal Shaikh and Himayat Baig, an accused in Pune`s German Bakery blast, had conducted a recce of Nashik`s Maharashtra Police Academy and Devlali cantonment area, for planning an attack. Jundal was a party to this conspiracy.
"Jundal was brought here from Mumbai and produced in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate R K Bhise who remanded him in judicial remand till October 17," Special Public Prosecutor Ajay Misar said.
Jundal was arrested at Delhi International Airport upon arrival from Saudi Arabia in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list