Abu Jundal remanded in judicial custody in conspiracy case
Nashik: A local court on Wednesday remanded terror suspect and 26/11 handler Abu Jundal in judicial custody till October 17 in the case of alleged conspiracy by LeT operatives to attack the Maharashtra Police Academy (MPA) here in 2010.
According to Anti-Terrorism Squad, alleged LeT members Bilal Shaikh and Himayat Baig, an accused in Pune`s German Bakery blast, had conducted a recce of Nashik`s Maharashtra Police Academy and Devlali cantonment area, for planning an attack. Jundal was a party to this conspiracy.
"Jundal was brought here from Mumbai and produced in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate R K Bhise who remanded him in judicial remand till October 17," Special Public Prosecutor Ajay Misar said.
Jundal was arrested at Delhi International Airport upon arrival from Saudi Arabia in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Monsoon Session of Parliament to begin from July 18, end on August 12
- Barack Obama does not see major, cataclysmic changes after Brexit
- Mumbai: Youth performs daredevil stunt atop local train - Watch video
- You cannot afford to miss these monsoon destinations in India!
- Prince Harry joins Coldplay onstage at Kensington Palace gig