Abu Jundal remanded in judicial custody in conspiracy case
Nashik: A local court on Wednesday remanded terror suspect and 26/11 handler Abu Jundal in judicial custody till October 17 in the case of alleged conspiracy by LeT operatives to attack the Maharashtra Police Academy (MPA) here in 2010.
According to Anti-Terrorism Squad, alleged LeT members Bilal Shaikh and Himayat Baig, an accused in Pune`s German Bakery blast, had conducted a recce of Nashik`s Maharashtra Police Academy and Devlali cantonment area, for planning an attack. Jundal was a party to this conspiracy.
"Jundal was brought here from Mumbai and produced in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate R K Bhise who remanded him in judicial remand till October 17," Special Public Prosecutor Ajay Misar said.
Jundal was arrested at Delhi International Airport upon arrival from Saudi Arabia in June.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM