Abu Jundal`s bail application rejected by Mumbai court
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Friday, December 13, 2013, 20:11
  
Mumbai: The sessions court here on Friday rejected the bail application of alleged Lashkar-e-Toiba operative Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari, alias Abu Jundal, in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack case.

Jundal is accused of being one of the conspirators behind the attack and of being present in the 'control room' in Pakistan from where the terrorists were receiving instructions during the attack.

"The court has rejected Jundal's bail application and directed the prosecution to file draft charges against him," said his lawyer Ejaz Naqvi.

Jundal had filed the bail application in August this year, saying though he was in jail for the past one year, the trial against him had not commenced. He was innocent and had been framed up in the case, the application said.

Jundal, a native of Beed district of Maharashtra, was arrested in Delhi in June 2012 following his deportation from Saudi Arabia.

As per the charge-sheet against him, after fleeing Maharashtra in May 2006, Jundal had entered Bangladesh and travelled to Pakistan with the help of ISI.

In Maharashtra, Jundal is also accused of involvement in Aurangabad arms haul of 2006, 2010 German Bakery blast in Pune, and Nashik police academy attack conspiracy.

PTI

First Published: Friday, December 13, 2013, 20:11


comments powered by Disqus