Abu Jundal`s bail application rejected by Mumbai court
Mumbai: The sessions court here on Friday rejected the bail application of alleged Lashkar-e-Toiba operative Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari, alias Abu Jundal, in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack case.
Jundal is accused of being one of the conspirators behind the attack and of being present in the `control room` in Pakistan from where the terrorists were receiving instructions during the attack.
"The court has rejected Jundal`s bail application and directed the prosecution to file draft charges against him," said his lawyer Ejaz Naqvi.
Jundal had filed the bail application in August this year, saying though he was in jail for the past one year, the trial against him had not commenced. He was innocent and had been framed up in the case, the application said.
Jundal, a native of Beed district of Maharashtra, was arrested in Delhi in June 2012 following his deportation from Saudi Arabia.
As per the charge-sheet against him, after fleeing Maharashtra in May 2006, Jundal had entered Bangladesh and travelled to Pakistan with the help of ISI.
In Maharashtra, Jundal is also accused of involvement in Aurangabad arms haul of 2006, 2010 German Bakery blast in Pune, and Nashik police academy attack conspiracy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!