Abu Jundal`s police custody extended till Oct 3
Nashik: Terror suspect and 26/11 handler Abu Jundal`s police custody was extended till October 03 by a court in Nashik on Monday.
Jundal was produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate AD Sawant amid tight security this morning.
Special Public Prosecutor Ajay Misar said Jundal`s interrogation so far had elicited some information about his links with terrorist outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba.
Jundal is in ATS custody here since September 11 in connection with a 2010 case, in which Maharashtra ATS had raided a house in Satpur near here and arrested Bilal Shaikh alias Lalbaba, an alleged Lashkar member, and seized RDX and some other explosives.
According to Anti-Terrorism Squad, Bilal Shaikh and Himayat Baig, an accused in German Bakery blast, had undertaken a recce of Nashik`s Maharashtra Police Academy and Devlali cantonment area, for planning an attack. Jundal was a party to this conspiracy, ATS says.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise