ACB nets corporator, husband for taking Rs 2 lakh bribe
Thane: A corporator from the local civic body and her husband were nabbed by the Anti-Corruption Bureau of Thane Police for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 2 lakh from a complainant.
Jayshree Dyaneshwar Patil, the corporator from Ulhasnagar Municipal Corporation, and her husband Dyaneshwar Gajanan Patil were arrested on Wednesday night after they allegedly accepted Rs 2 lakh from a builder for not bringing his plot under reservation (for public utility), Commissioner of Police (ACB) Sandeep Karnik said.
The builder Ram Nandalal Wadhwa had complained to the ACB regarding bribe demand following which a trap was laid to nab them, sources said.
Besides, one Sanjay K Gupta was held yesterday after he allegedly tried to bribe a UMC official with Rs 50,000 for obtaining permission for his unauthorised construction, the ACB said.
In another case, an officer at the Ulhasnagar sub division office, Prakash Gaikwad, was arrested last evening after he allegedly accepted a bribe of Rs 10,000 from a local journalist for transferring his name in the property card.
Offences have been registered against those arrested under relevant sections of Prevention of Corruption Act, the ACB added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL