ACB team arrests six for accepting bribes
Thane: The Anti-Corruption Bureau`s (ACB) Thane unit trapped four people, including a police sub-inspector and an assistant engineer for accepting bribes, ACB sources said Wednesday.
Police sub-inspector J T Pawar attached to the Naupada police station had accepted a bribe of Rs 20,000 from one Chandraban S Kanange, a Congress Seva Dal leader.
One of Kanange`s relatives was arrested and lodged with the police and the sub-inspector had accepted Rs 20,000 to not oppose his bail application in court, in the police station premises itself, ACB officials said.
In another incident, the ACB trapped an assistant engineer Shyam Thorbole in Mumbra civic ward office while accepting a bribe of Rs 1,00,000 from a complainant at Diva, where they had demolished around seven illegal chawls.
He accepted the bribe for not continuing the drive in the premises of the ward office at Mumbra at about 3 pm today.
The ACB also trapped police constables Rajendra Mohite and R Bhalerao who allegedly accepted Rs 50,000 in connection with the same case within a gap of around two hours, ACB sources said.
In yet another raid, ACB officials trapped two, including an official from the office of the Land Records Superintendent at Kalyan for accepting a bribe of Rs 15,000 from complainant Paresh Kanti Koli, a former corporator of the Thane Municipal Corporation.
The arrested officer, Anjana D Mankar, from the office of the Deputy Superintendent of Land Records, and Prashar Ram Narayan Kamble had demanded Rs 20,000 from Koli for issuing a land measurement certificate.
They had already accepted the amount of Rs 5,000 and they were trapped today while accepting a bribe of Rs 15,000 from the complainant at the office of land records itself, ACB sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed