Acceptance is strength of Indian culture: Modi
Pune: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said it was part of Indian culture to promote harmony and acceptance.
"Live and let live is the motto of Western culture, but going a step ahead, we Indians say live, let live and help people live. We must help people to be self-reliant," Modi said while addressing a function.
He was addressing a gathering at Sadhu Vaswani College of Nursing here.
"It is only in Indian culture where deities are worshipped in female forms. We Indians often emphasise on acceptance, which is our strength," the Gujarat chief minister said.
Without naming Congress, Modi said that the condition of education for girls was pathetic before he took the reins of Gujarat.
"We made imparting education to girls our mission and implemented drastic changes in schools in Gujarat. We brought down the school dropout rate of girls," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport