Acceptance is strength of Indian culture: Modi
Pune: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said it was part of Indian culture to promote harmony and acceptance.
"Live and let live is the motto of Western culture, but going a step ahead, we Indians say live, let live and help people live. We must help people to be self-reliant," Modi said while addressing a function.
He was addressing a gathering at Sadhu Vaswani College of Nursing here.
"It is only in Indian culture where deities are worshipped in female forms. We Indians often emphasise on acceptance, which is our strength," the Gujarat chief minister said.
Without naming Congress, Modi said that the condition of education for girls was pathetic before he took the reins of Gujarat.
"We made imparting education to girls our mission and implemented drastic changes in schools in Gujarat. We brought down the school dropout rate of girls," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum