Acceptance is strength of Indian culture: Modi
Pune: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said it was part of Indian culture to promote harmony and acceptance.
"Live and let live is the motto of Western culture, but going a step ahead, we Indians say live, let live and help people live. We must help people to be self-reliant," Modi said while addressing a function.
He was addressing a gathering at Sadhu Vaswani College of Nursing here.
"It is only in Indian culture where deities are worshipped in female forms. We Indians often emphasise on acceptance, which is our strength," the Gujarat chief minister said.
Without naming Congress, Modi said that the condition of education for girls was pathetic before he took the reins of Gujarat.
"We made imparting education to girls our mission and implemented drastic changes in schools in Gujarat. We brought down the school dropout rate of girls," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news