Acceptance is strength of Indian culture: Modi
Pune: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said it was part of Indian culture to promote harmony and acceptance.
"Live and let live is the motto of Western culture, but going a step ahead, we Indians say live, let live and help people live. We must help people to be self-reliant," Modi said while addressing a function.
He was addressing a gathering at Sadhu Vaswani College of Nursing here.
"It is only in Indian culture where deities are worshipped in female forms. We Indians often emphasise on acceptance, which is our strength," the Gujarat chief minister said.
Without naming Congress, Modi said that the condition of education for girls was pathetic before he took the reins of Gujarat.
"We made imparting education to girls our mission and implemented drastic changes in schools in Gujarat. We brought down the school dropout rate of girls," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi