Accused in Mumbai eve-teasing murders identified
Mumbai: An identification parade of four
accused in the murder of two youths who resisted eve-teasing
in suburban Amboli was on Wednesday conducted in a city jail in which
the eyewitnesses recognised the attackers, police said.
"An identification parade was today conducted in the
Arthur Road jail when the 12 eyewitnesses identified the four
accused saying they were the ones who killed the youths," V D
Bhoite, senior inspector of DN Nagar police station, said.
The victims` friends and people standing at the spot were
among the witnesses present in the jail today, police said.
On October 20, Reuben Fernandez (28) and Keenan Santos
(25) were attacked by a group of four after the duo objected
to their acts of indecent behaviour against girls with whom
they had gone on an outing. Keenan died on the spot, while
Fernandez died in a hospital after a few days.
Santos and Fernandez, along with five others, including
three girls, had gone to a restaurant to have dinner and watch
a cricket match on a giant screen put up there. After a while,
they came out of the restaurant and were standing near a
pan-shop when the incident had occurred.
"An executive magistrate was present during the parade.
The result was positive as the witnesses have identified all
the accused and this will strengthen our case, which is
already watertight. The report by the executive magistrate
will be now compiled and sent to court concerned," said Deputy
Commissioner of Police Pratap Dighavkar.
The accused have been charged under sections 302
(murder), 354 (insulting the modesty of woman) and 506
(criminal intimidation) of IPC.
"When I went to identify them, they had no guilt at all
... no remorse at all," said Priyanka Fernandes, Keenan`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks