Accused in terror case handed over to Maharashtra
Bangalore: Police on Saturday produced three accused before a local court after completion of their interrogation in connection with an alleged terror plot.
The First Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court remanded two of these accused in judicial custody till October 11, while the third has been handed over to ATS Maharashtra, police sources said.
The case was registered at the Basaweshwara Nagar Police Station a month ago.
Investigation is continuing, police said.
City Crime Branch sleuths had arrested the suspect-five from Hubli and six in the city-- with alleged links to Lashkar-e-Toiba and HUJI terror outfits on August 29 last year, uncovering the terror module run by them. Three more were arrested in as many days subsequently.
The suspects were planning to target MPs, MLAs and media persons. A foreign-made 7.65 mm pistol, seven rounds of ammunition and other gadgets had been seized from the arrested persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof