Accused in terror case handed over to Maharashtra
Bangalore: Police on Saturday produced three accused before a local court after completion of their interrogation in connection with an alleged terror plot.
The First Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court remanded two of these accused in judicial custody till October 11, while the third has been handed over to ATS Maharashtra, police sources said.
The case was registered at the Basaweshwara Nagar Police Station a month ago.
Investigation is continuing, police said.
City Crime Branch sleuths had arrested the suspect-five from Hubli and six in the city-- with alleged links to Lashkar-e-Toiba and HUJI terror outfits on August 29 last year, uncovering the terror module run by them. Three more were arrested in as many days subsequently.
The suspects were planning to target MPs, MLAs and media persons. A foreign-made 7.65 mm pistol, seven rounds of ammunition and other gadgets had been seized from the arrested persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Deepika Padukone enters 'world`s highest-paid actresses' list
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding