`ACP Dhoble`s transfer to be revoked if found innocent`
Mumbai: BJP leader Vinod Tawde today said Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan had assured him that Assistant Commissioner of Police Vasant Dhoble`s transfer would be revoked if the probe into a hawker`s death last week did not find the controversial cop "guilty".
Dhoble, who had earlier faced severe criticism over his crack-down on pubs and bars in Mumbai, was recently shunted out from his suburban Vakola posting amid protests over the death of the hawker during an eviction drive.
"Chavan said the probe report is expected in a week and if it found that Dhoble had no link with the death, he would be reinstated," said Tawde, the Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Legislative Council, after a meeting with the Chief Minister at Mantralaya here.
NCP legislator Vidya Chavan, who also met the CM and Home Minister R R Patil separately, said the Home Minister informed her that Dhoble`s `GPS tracking location` during the incident would be examined.
Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar has expressed unhappiness over Dhoble`s transfer. But Chavan had said the transfer was necessary to ensure impartial inquiry. MNS and Shiv Sena have also opposed the transfer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?