ACP shoots himself dead
Mumbai: A senior police officer allegedly committed suicide on Monday by shooting himself with his service revolver at his office in suburban Dahisar, police said.
"Assistant Police Commissioner Baburao Gaikwad of Dahisar division shot himself in his head at his office in the Dahisar police station premises this afternoon," Additional Police Commissioner Ramrao Pawar said.
The reason behind the extreme step is not yet known and no suicide note was found, he said.
According to police, Gaikwad`s colleagues rushed to his room after they heard the bullet shot and found the officer lying on the floor in a pool of blood.
The profusely bleeding officer was rushed to the nearby civic run Bhagwati hospital, where he was declared dead on arrival, Pawar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail