ACP shoots himself dead
Mumbai: A senior police officer allegedly committed suicide on Monday by shooting himself with his service revolver at his office in suburban Dahisar, police said.
"Assistant Police Commissioner Baburao Gaikwad of Dahisar division shot himself in his head at his office in the Dahisar police station premises this afternoon," Additional Police Commissioner Ramrao Pawar said.
The reason behind the extreme step is not yet known and no suicide note was found, he said.
According to police, Gaikwad`s colleagues rushed to his room after they heard the bullet shot and found the officer lying on the floor in a pool of blood.
The profusely bleeding officer was rushed to the nearby civic run Bhagwati hospital, where he was declared dead on arrival, Pawar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation