ACP`s son kills self, wife in Mumbai
Mumbai: The son of an Assistant Police Commissioner (ACP), attached with the protection department, killed self after shooting dead his wife at their residence in suburban Malad, police said Friday.
"The young couple -- Abhijit Kurne (27) and wife Ashwini (21) -- were found dead at their residence this morning. Abhijit, son of ACP Madhusudan, used his father`s service
revolver to kill himself after shooting his wife," said Additional Police Commissioner Ramrao Pawar.
The couple went to sleep last night at around 11 PM and they were found dead at 8.30 AM this morning in their third floor residence at Royal Apartment in Evershine Nagar area, they said.
Two rounds had been fired and the duo were found with one gunshot wound each on their heads.
The reason for the extreme step was not yet clear, police said, adding that no suicide note was found.
According to police, Madhusudan and his wife stay with their sons Abhijit and Amar and the former`s wife Ashwini in their house. Abhijit was dealing in providing vehicles to call
Today morning, when the family woke up and saw that the couple had not come out of their room, they started knocking the door of their room, police said.
Since there was no response, they peeped through the keyhole and saw the couple lying in a pool of blood. The family then broke down the door and notified the authorities
on discovering the bodies, police said adding that further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding