Act against "extortionist" MNS leaders: Cong to govt
Mumbai: Maharashtra unit of Congress Wednesday approached Home Minister R R Patil seeking action against "extortionist" office-bearers of the Raj Thackeray-led MNS.
"Stringent action should be taken against MNS functionaries who have criminal tendencies and are found to be involved in extortion," MPCC spokesperson Sachin Sawant said in a letter to the minister.
"MNS functionaries indulge in hooliganism under the guise of political agitation and create terror," Sawant said.
Raj Thackeray blamed north Indians for the spurt in crime in Maharashtra, but ignored harassment of people by his own partymen, he said.
The incident where the Satara district president of MNS students wing (allegedly) fired outside the office of a financial institution was very serious, Sawant added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video