Act against "extortionist" MNS leaders: Cong to govt
Mumbai: Maharashtra unit of Congress Wednesday approached Home Minister R R Patil seeking action against "extortionist" office-bearers of the Raj Thackeray-led MNS.
"Stringent action should be taken against MNS functionaries who have criminal tendencies and are found to be involved in extortion," MPCC spokesperson Sachin Sawant said in a letter to the minister.
"MNS functionaries indulge in hooliganism under the guise of political agitation and create terror," Sawant said.
Raj Thackeray blamed north Indians for the spurt in crime in Maharashtra, but ignored harassment of people by his own partymen, he said.
The incident where the Satara district president of MNS students wing (allegedly) fired outside the office of a financial institution was very serious, Sawant added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone