Action against 21 doctors in Maha for violating PCPNDT Act
Mumbai: Twenty-one doctors have been found to have violated the provisions of the PCPNDT Act in Maharashtra, health officials on Tuesday said.
Eleven of the 21 doctors have been suspended by the the Maharashtra Medical Council (MMC). Of these 11, seven have already been convicted by the court.
Dr Aruna Ranade (Yavatmal) and Dr Rekha Raizada (Wardha) have been suspended for wilful negligence as they had not kept any record required under the PCPNDT in gross violation of the law, they said.
While Dr Shivaji Sanap and Dr Rahul Kolhe are in police custody and are linked with the sex determination scam of Dr Sudam Munde from Beed district.
Charges have been framed against five doctors. They have been warned and recommended further, to the appropriate authority for holding their PCPNDT registration till the final decision of the court.
Thus, they will not be able to do any type of ultrasound machine test till further orders, health department officials said.
Warning letters have been issued to Dr B S Garg, Dean of Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical science, Wardha, Dr Surekha Tayade and Dr Bhushan Lakhkar. The institute is not registered with the council and the three doctors are working in medical colleges where under single PCPNDT license, dozens of doctors are doing ultra sound.
"There is likely action on five more doctors in near the future. The legal scrutiny and other procedural mechanism is on. Recently, the MMC has also received six more inputs from the state nodal agency of PCPNDT. Action will be taken in due course," health officials said.
There is perfect co-ordination between the state nodal agency and the MMC, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand