Action against Chavan if "really involved": MNS
Mumbai: MNS chief Raj Thackeray Wednesday said
action should be taken against chief minister Ashok Chavan if
he was "really involved" in the Adarsh Society scam.
"Only a section of the media wants Chavan to resign in
the wake of the scam and it is not a valid reason. Newspapers
should not decide that. If the Chief Minister was really
involved in the scam, then he should only go," Thackeray told
Action should be taken against people who were
involved but the kind of coverage media is giving is very
confusing, Thackeray said. "It is difficult to understand the
exact status," he added.
It is also important to see what stand Opposition
parties are taking on the issue, he said.
When asked if action should also be taken against
bureaucrats involved in the scam, Thackeray said "It is very
unfortunate that no action is usually taken against
bureaucrats. They only get transferred. Action has to be taken
against them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery