Action against Chavan if "really involved": MNS
Mumbai: MNS chief Raj Thackeray Wednesday said
action should be taken against chief minister Ashok Chavan if
he was "really involved" in the Adarsh Society scam.
"Only a section of the media wants Chavan to resign in
the wake of the scam and it is not a valid reason. Newspapers
should not decide that. If the Chief Minister was really
involved in the scam, then he should only go," Thackeray told
Action should be taken against people who were
involved but the kind of coverage media is giving is very
confusing, Thackeray said. "It is difficult to understand the
exact status," he added.
It is also important to see what stand Opposition
parties are taking on the issue, he said.
When asked if action should also be taken against
bureaucrats involved in the scam, Thackeray said "It is very
unfortunate that no action is usually taken against
bureaucrats. They only get transferred. Action has to be taken
against them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price