‘Action against Kushwaha after entry into BJP’
Mumbai: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde
on Sunday stressed that the CBI acted against Babu Singh Kushwaha,
former cabinet minister in the Mayawati government, only after
he was inducted into BJP.
While former BJP chief, Venkaiah Naidu, said Kushwaha
issue was now a "closed chapter".
"When we took him into the party, no action had been
taken against Kushwaha. CBI acted (by raiding his houses) only
afterwards. It is a conspiracy by Mayawati and the Congress,"
Munde said here.
"BJP is against corruption...We will not spare the
corrupt. We have put the corrupt leaders in their place and
set an example in Karnataka," Munde added.
Naidu and Munde were talking to reporters before the
meeting of BJP MLAs and MPs, where preparations for the
forthcoming Zilla Parishad and municipal elections in
Maharashtra would be discussed.
Talking on Kushwaha issue, Naidu, who is BJP`s in-charge
for Maharashtra, said "that chapter has been closed for BJP
Naidu also said that Congress leader Rahul Gandhi should
first focus on corruption within his own party, before
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!