‘Action against Kushwaha after entry into BJP’
Mumbai: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde
on Sunday stressed that the CBI acted against Babu Singh Kushwaha,
former cabinet minister in the Mayawati government, only after
he was inducted into BJP.
While former BJP chief, Venkaiah Naidu, said Kushwaha
issue was now a "closed chapter".
"When we took him into the party, no action had been
taken against Kushwaha. CBI acted (by raiding his houses) only
afterwards. It is a conspiracy by Mayawati and the Congress,"
Munde said here.
"BJP is against corruption...We will not spare the
corrupt. We have put the corrupt leaders in their place and
set an example in Karnataka," Munde added.
Naidu and Munde were talking to reporters before the
meeting of BJP MLAs and MPs, where preparations for the
forthcoming Zilla Parishad and municipal elections in
Maharashtra would be discussed.
Talking on Kushwaha issue, Naidu, who is BJP`s in-charge
for Maharashtra, said "that chapter has been closed for BJP
Naidu also said that Congress leader Rahul Gandhi should
first focus on corruption within his own party, before
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray