Action against Maha officers for fake seeds
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government has
decided to take action against the negligent officers found
involved in supplying fake seeds to farmers, Chief Minister
Prithviraj Chavan said on Sunday.
"Complaints were received about the bogus seeds which
came from some other states. Some officers were found to be
negligent in the matter and directions have been given to take
action against them," Chavan said.
The Chief Minister`s statement came in view of some
reports that farmers who had planted soyabean seeds suffered
huge losses as the seeds did not sprout.
Chavan also admitted that in the rainfed areas, farmers
were going through stress and said the government was
providing adequate credit and this year farm credit would be
an unprecedented, to the tune of Rs 23,000 crore.
Addressing a press conference on the eve of monsoon
session, Chavan said that extensive discussion would be
carried out on the law and order situation in the state
including the July 13 bomb blasts in the legislature session,
On the proposed `Prevention of Attacks on Journalists
Bill` Chavan said, "A sub-committee of ministers is looking
into it and we will see if the bill can be tabled in the
About the houses for textile mill workers he said
1.07 lakh applications have been received and 6,900 houses
have been built for the mill workers. As and when land is
alloted, more houses would be constructed.
Meanwhile, a customary tea party hosted by Chavan on
the eve of the session was boycotted by Shiv Sena-BJP and
Maharashtra Navnirman Sena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- IPL 2016 Qualifier 2: Gujarat Lions vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — Possible XIs, Date, Time, Venue, TV Listing, Live Streaming
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27
- Horrific! Huge serpent creeps into man's toilet; attacks genitals – Watch
- PM Modi still most popular leader; NDA to get 342 seats if elections held today: Survey
- Consume lots of fruits during pregnancy to have smart kids!