Activist demands CBI probe against Maharashtra Deputy Speaker
Yavatmal: Right to Information (RTI) activist Bhimrao Rathod demanded a CBI probe into the assets of Maharashtra Assembly Deputy Speaker Vasant Purke and his family, here on Sunday.
Rathod claims to have procured documents obtained from the Bombay District Collector, Maharashtra Housing Development Authority and the Election Commission, showing that Purke and his wife were granted flats under the Maharashtra Chief Minister`s special quota and they have two flats under this scheme in Mumbai.
He said that copies of these documents have been sent to Mumbai based RTI activist activist Ketan Tirodkar, requesting him to proceed with a contempt of court case against the Maharashtra government.
Alleging that Purke and his family managed to suppress the fact of having flats in Mumbai, he said that Purke had committed a fraud on the Maharashtra state government and usurped flats under the CM`s special scheme quota, at a time when the Bombay High Court has asked the state government to file replies in response to a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed by Mumbai-based RTI activist Ketan Tirodkar.
Rathod alleged that names of Purke and his wife Premlata were found missing from the list of names of beneficiaries of flats under the Maharashtra CM`s special quota.
Purke had allegedly filed an affidavit before the Election Commission while filing of nominations for his election from Ralegaon assembly segment in Yavatmal district disclosing that he and his wife owned flats in Mumbai, besides other assets across Maharashtra, Rathod said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow