Adarsh: Ashok Chavan`s kin to depose before panel on Wednesday
Mumbai: The two-member inquiry commission probing the Adarsh Society scam will record the statements of former Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan`s relatives Seema Sharma and Madanlal Sharma on Wednesday.
Chavan`s sister-in-law Seema and father-in-law`s brother Madanlal are members of the plush 31-storey Adarsh building in south Mumbai.
Earlier on June 30, Chavan himself had deposed before the commission.
The commission is likely to record Seema and Madanlal`s statements on how they became members of the society and the mode of payment towards the flats.
During his tenure as the state Revenue Minister in 2000 and then the Chief Minister in 2009, Chavan had dealt with the files pertaining to the Adarsh society.
Chavan has been named as an accused by CBI in its probe in the scam. Chavan, who had to step down from the post of chief minister after the scam came to light, is accused of showing undue favours to the society in return of procuring flats for his family members.
CBI in its chargesheet had alleged that Chavan misused his official position twice first as revenue minister and then as chief minister to show undue favour to the society. It further alleges that Chavan had sought inclusion of civilian members for obtaining favours for his close relatives.
Apart from Seema and Madanlal, Chavan`s mother-in-law Bhagvati Sharma was also allotted flat in the society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan