Adarsh case: Tiwari, Pathak remanded to custody
Mumbai: Former Maharashtra Urban Development
Principal Secretary, Ramanand Tiwari and ex-BMC Chief Jairaj Pathak were in Wednesday remanded to CBI custody till April 12 by a
special court here for their alleged role in the multi-crore
Adarsh Housing scam.
Both bureaucrats were arrested yesterday by the CBI after
they were questioned in connection with the scam.
CBI today informed the court that Tiwari, during his
tenure as Principal Secretary of Urban Development, had made
correspondence with Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF)
seeking NOC for development of Adarsh Housing Society although
the land for the same purpose had not been allotted till then
(when the correspondence was made), CBI submitted.
Further, the CBI said that in response to letter of
Urban Development Department (UDD), the MoEF sent a letter
clarifying the powers delegated to the state government
relating to the CRZ issue.
However, the letter was misrepresented by UDD as NOC
given by MOEF which was communicated to the Chief Engineer,
Development Plan, Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC),
the agency alleged in the court.
Tiwari`s son, Onkar, is having a flat in Adarsh Society,
the probe agency submitted.
Seeking custody of Jairaj Pathak, CBI said that during
the period when he was the Municipal Commissioner of Greater
Mumbai, the high rise committee constituted by the Government
of Maharashtra had recommended the height of Adarsh Society to
97.6 metres, which was approved by him.=
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know