Adarsh case: Tiwari, Pathak remanded to custody
Mumbai: Former Maharashtra Urban Development
Principal Secretary, Ramanand Tiwari and ex-BMC Chief Jairaj Pathak were in Wednesday remanded to CBI custody till April 12 by a
special court here for their alleged role in the multi-crore
Adarsh Housing scam.
Both bureaucrats were arrested yesterday by the CBI after
they were questioned in connection with the scam.
CBI today informed the court that Tiwari, during his
tenure as Principal Secretary of Urban Development, had made
correspondence with Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF)
seeking NOC for development of Adarsh Housing Society although
the land for the same purpose had not been allotted till then
(when the correspondence was made), CBI submitted.
Further, the CBI said that in response to letter of
Urban Development Department (UDD), the MoEF sent a letter
clarifying the powers delegated to the state government
relating to the CRZ issue.
However, the letter was misrepresented by UDD as NOC
given by MOEF which was communicated to the Chief Engineer,
Development Plan, Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC),
the agency alleged in the court.
Tiwari`s son, Onkar, is having a flat in Adarsh Society,
the probe agency submitted.
Seeking custody of Jairaj Pathak, CBI said that during
the period when he was the Municipal Commissioner of Greater
Mumbai, the high rise committee constituted by the Government
of Maharashtra had recommended the height of Adarsh Society to
97.6 metres, which was approved by him.=
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan