Adarsh case: Tiwari, Pathak remanded to custody
Mumbai: Former Maharashtra Urban Development
Principal Secretary, Ramanand Tiwari and ex-BMC Chief Jairaj Pathak were in Wednesday remanded to CBI custody till April 12 by a
special court here for their alleged role in the multi-crore
Adarsh Housing scam.
Both bureaucrats were arrested yesterday by the CBI after
they were questioned in connection with the scam.
CBI today informed the court that Tiwari, during his
tenure as Principal Secretary of Urban Development, had made
correspondence with Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF)
seeking NOC for development of Adarsh Housing Society although
the land for the same purpose had not been allotted till then
(when the correspondence was made), CBI submitted.
Further, the CBI said that in response to letter of
Urban Development Department (UDD), the MoEF sent a letter
clarifying the powers delegated to the state government
relating to the CRZ issue.
However, the letter was misrepresented by UDD as NOC
given by MOEF which was communicated to the Chief Engineer,
Development Plan, Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC),
the agency alleged in the court.
Tiwari`s son, Onkar, is having a flat in Adarsh Society,
the probe agency submitted.
Seeking custody of Jairaj Pathak, CBI said that during
the period when he was the Municipal Commissioner of Greater
Mumbai, the high rise committee constituted by the Government
of Maharashtra had recommended the height of Adarsh Society to
97.6 metres, which was approved by him.=
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says