Adarsh: CBI custody of Phatak, Tiwari extended
Mumbai: The special court here on Thursday
extended the CBI custody of former Principal Secretary of
Maharashtra`s Urban Development Department, Ramanand Tiwari,
and former Mumbai municipal commissioner, Jairaj Phatak, till
April 17 in the Adarsh Housing Society scam.
Both of them were arrested by CBI on April 3.
The CBI today argued that it wanted to find out the
circumstances under which the purported no objection
certificate (NOC) to Adarsh from the Ministry of
Environment and Forests (MoEF) was conveyed to the Municipal
Corporation of Greater Mumbai by Tiwari.
For this, further custody was needed, it said.
The agency also argued that Phatak had not yet disclosed
the circumstances under which the increase in the height of
Adarsh building was regularized by the civic authorities.
Adarsh Society stands in south Mumbai, in coastal
regulation zone (CRZ). One of the allegations in the case is
that the 31-storey building came up without NOC from the
MoEF, and a letter from the union ministry was misinterpreted
by some state bureaucrats as an NOC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?