Adarsh: CBI custody of Phatak, Tiwari extended
Mumbai: The special court here on Thursday
extended the CBI custody of former Principal Secretary of
Maharashtra`s Urban Development Department, Ramanand Tiwari,
and former Mumbai municipal commissioner, Jairaj Phatak, till
April 17 in the Adarsh Housing Society scam.
Both of them were arrested by CBI on April 3.
The CBI today argued that it wanted to find out the
circumstances under which the purported no objection
certificate (NOC) to Adarsh from the Ministry of
Environment and Forests (MoEF) was conveyed to the Municipal
Corporation of Greater Mumbai by Tiwari.
For this, further custody was needed, it said.
The agency also argued that Phatak had not yet disclosed
the circumstances under which the increase in the height of
Adarsh building was regularized by the civic authorities.
Adarsh Society stands in south Mumbai, in coastal
regulation zone (CRZ). One of the allegations in the case is
that the 31-storey building came up without NOC from the
MoEF, and a letter from the union ministry was misinterpreted
by some state bureaucrats as an NOC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!