Adarsh: Chavan seeks more time to file affidavit
Mumbai: Former Maharashtra Chief Minister
and an accused in the Adarsh Housing Society case, Ashok
Chavan on Friday sought more time to file an affidavit before the
judicial panel which is probing the scam.
The two-member Commission on May 10, had directed him to
file an affidavit with regard to Adarsh files that he had
dealt with during his tenure as state revenue minister.
Chavan is accused of recommending 40 per cent allotment
of flats in the Adarsh Society, originally meant for the kin
of Kargil war martyrs, for civilians. In return, his
relatives, including his mother-in-law, got flats in the
society which stands in a posh Mumbai area, it is alleged.
He had been given time till June 13 to file affidavit,
but today he filed an application seeking more time. The
commission would decide on it on June 13.
Till now, only union power minister Sushil Kumar Shinde,
who had also dealt with Adarsh files when he was the Chief
Minister, has submitted his affidavit. Union rural development
minister Vilasrao Deshmukh -- another former CM -- is likely
to file his affidavit on June 17.
The commission has so far recorded the evidence of three
witnesses, including Brigadier Deepak Saxena of state
Army Headquarters, and Defence Estate Officer, Geeta Kashyap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers