Adarsh: Chavan seeks more time to file affidavit
Mumbai: Former Maharashtra Chief Minister
and an accused in the Adarsh Housing Society case, Ashok
Chavan on Friday sought more time to file an affidavit before the
judicial panel which is probing the scam.
The two-member Commission on May 10, had directed him to
file an affidavit with regard to Adarsh files that he had
dealt with during his tenure as state revenue minister.
Chavan is accused of recommending 40 per cent allotment
of flats in the Adarsh Society, originally meant for the kin
of Kargil war martyrs, for civilians. In return, his
relatives, including his mother-in-law, got flats in the
society which stands in a posh Mumbai area, it is alleged.
He had been given time till June 13 to file affidavit,
but today he filed an application seeking more time. The
commission would decide on it on June 13.
Till now, only union power minister Sushil Kumar Shinde,
who had also dealt with Adarsh files when he was the Chief
Minister, has submitted his affidavit. Union rural development
minister Vilasrao Deshmukh -- another former CM -- is likely
to file his affidavit on June 17.
The commission has so far recorded the evidence of three
witnesses, including Brigadier Deepak Saxena of state
Army Headquarters, and Defence Estate Officer, Geeta Kashyap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing