Adarsh: Chavan seeks more time to file affidavit
Mumbai: Former Maharashtra Chief Minister
and an accused in the Adarsh Housing Society case, Ashok
Chavan on Friday sought more time to file an affidavit before the
judicial panel which is probing the scam.
The two-member Commission on May 10, had directed him to
file an affidavit with regard to Adarsh files that he had
dealt with during his tenure as state revenue minister.
Chavan is accused of recommending 40 per cent allotment
of flats in the Adarsh Society, originally meant for the kin
of Kargil war martyrs, for civilians. In return, his
relatives, including his mother-in-law, got flats in the
society which stands in a posh Mumbai area, it is alleged.
He had been given time till June 13 to file affidavit,
but today he filed an application seeking more time. The
commission would decide on it on June 13.
Till now, only union power minister Sushil Kumar Shinde,
who had also dealt with Adarsh files when he was the Chief
Minister, has submitted his affidavit. Union rural development
minister Vilasrao Deshmukh -- another former CM -- is likely
to file his affidavit on June 17.
The commission has so far recorded the evidence of three
witnesses, including Brigadier Deepak Saxena of state
Army Headquarters, and Defence Estate Officer, Geeta Kashyap.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!