Adarsh Commission gets six-month extension
Mumbai: The judicial commission inquiring into scam-tainted Adarsh Society has been granted another extension of six months to complete its probe and submit a
report on the same to Maharashtra government.
The two-member panel, comprising former Bombay High Court judge JA Patil and former Maharashtra chief secretary P Subraminian, was formed by Maharashtra government to probe alleged violations of the civic and environmental laws in
constructing the 31-storey highrise in South Mumbai.
The commission, which is looking into the ownership of the plot among other charges, was originally supposed to submit its report in this regard in January 2012 and had sought an extension till August 2012 to complete its work.
The panel was assigned the mandate to ascertain whether the plot of land granted to the plush society was reserved for martyrs of Kargil war, besides other acts of
alleged commission and omission, including expansion of nearby Prakash Pethe Road, change in reservation of BEST plot, apparently to facilitate the highrise.
The probe panel has so far examined 15 persons, including Brigadier Deepak Saxena, former officer in the defence estates department RC Thakur and former municipal commissioner Jairaj Phatak.
The evidence of former principal secretary to the then chief minister Ashok Chavan, Subash Lalla, who is also one of the accused in the case, is currently being recorded by the commission.
The panel is yet to examine Union ministers Sushilkumar Shinde and Vilasrao Deshmukh concerning their alleged role.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir