Adarsh: Commission to record statements of Nilangekar, Tatkare
Mumbai: The two-member judicial commission, probing the Adarsh Housing Society scam on Monday said that it would record the statements of former Maharashtra Revenue Minister Shivajirao Nilangekar-Patil and former Minister of State for Urban Development Sunil Tatkare next week.
Nilangekar-Patil and Tatkare, who is presently the Water Resources Minister in the state cabinet, will appear before the panel early next week. They will depose before the commisssion on May 21 and May 22 respectively.
The commission will also decide the date for recording former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan`s statement on May 18.
Nilangekar-Patil was the revenue minister when the Adarsh society was allotted land next to the Backbay bus depot in Cuffe Parade in the year 2004. He is alleged to have recommended the name of his son-in-law Arun Dawle for membership in the society. He was the successor to Ashok Chavan as Revenue Minister.
However, Nilangekar-Patil has earlier noted that he became the revenue minister after the letter of intent (LOI) was issued to the Adarsh society.
In his affidavit submitted to the panel in August last year, he also claimed that the decision had already been taken by the then chief minister Sushilkumar Shinde.
Tatkare was the Minister of State the Urban Development Department (UDD) between 1999 and 2004, during which several crucial permissions were given to the society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP