Adarsh: ‘Def min kept in dark over road widening’
Mumbai: Former bureaucrat and an accused in
the Adarsh scam Ramanand Tiwari today admitted before the
inquiry commission that Maharashtra government had not sent
any notice to the Defence ministry while deciding on a plan to
widen a road in front of the highrise in south Mumbai.
During a cross examination by the counsel for Ministry of
Defence, Aniket Nikam, Tiwari was asked if a notice was sent
to the Army before widening of the road as it falls in defence
area, to which the former state information commissioner
replied in the negative.
Tiwari also denied that the Bombay Electricity and State
Transport (BEST) had sought the land adjacent to the 31-
storey building for the purpose of constructing officers`
The plot which was reserved for BEST was dereserved to
residential type and the Floor Space Index (FSI) was granted
to Adarsh society.
During questioning by Dipan Merchant, counsel for the
panel, Tiwari said that BEST did not on its own make a request
for deletion of the reservation of the plot in its favour.
The commission subsequently asked him if he thought it
would have served greater public interest if the adjacent plot
would have been used for housing the BEST employees, to which
Tiwari replied in the negative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video