Adarsh files: HC pulls up CBI for slow progress
Mumbai: Expressing displeasure over CBI`s
inaction in the probe into the Adarsh Society missing files
case, the Bombay High Court on Wednesday directed the agency to speed
up its investigation and show some "results".
"We are very displeased. You (CBI) please do the
investigations properly and get results. Reasons like officers
are busy cannot be accepted," a division bench of justices
Ranjana Desai and R V More remarked while hearing a public
interest litigation filed by one Mahendra Singh.
The court also expressed anger over the fact that four
accused got bail as the CBI did not file its charge sheet on
The court`s remarks came when CBI counsel D N Salvi
informed that certain hard disks seized from the office of the
Urban Development department in Mantralaya, from where the
files went missing, are yet to be sent to the Forensic Science
Laboratory (FSL) in Hyderabad.
According to CBI, while duplicates of the certain
pages have been found, probe is still on to find out the
missing notesheets pertaining to Adarsh Society. "The
notesheets were typed in some computers, the hard disks of
which have been seized with a view to retrieve the material,"
"Why have the hard disks not been sent yet to FSL if
they were seized a month back? Usually the delay happens at
the FSL`s end but in this case the investigating agency itself
is delaying. This is the reason why you (CBI) have not been
able to file the chargesheet on time thus resulting in the
four arrested accused getting bail," Justice Desai remarked.
The court recorded Salvi?s statement that CBI would
send the hard disks to FSL in a week.
"We expect CBI to ensure that the FSL report is
obtained as expeditiously as possible. Each step should be
taken properly by the investigating agency in such cases," the
The court has directed CBI to file a status report by
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS