Adarsh housing scam: Ashok Chavan to meet Pranab
New Delhi: A day after offering to step down, embattled Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan is expected to meet senior Congress leader Pranab Mukherjee tonight to present his side of the story on the Adarsh housing
Mukherjee, who was in Murshidabad in West Bengal, told television channels that he did not know much about the issue at the moment and would look into its details after his return to Delhi this evening.
The Finance Minister along with his cabinet colleague and Defence Minister A K Antony have been asked by Congress chief Sonia Gandhi to submit a report on the scam.
"I am yet to look at the details on the issue. I will prepare a report on it along with Antony," he said. Chavan, who had yesterday offered to resign after an hour-long meeting with Gandhi, is likely to meet Mukherjee
once he returns to the capital.
Responding to late night summons from the Congress high command, Chavan flew here yesterday to meet Gandhi.
The meeting took place in the backdrop of three of Chavan`s close relatives having been among the 103 allottees in the 31-storeyed Adarsh Group Housing Society building in Mumbai in which several politicians, three former defence service chiefs and bureaucrats have cornered flats originally
meant for Kargil heroes.
51-year old Chavan, who was a surprise choice for Chief Ministership in December 2008, himself told reporters after the meeting that he had offered to resign. The party President would take a call on the issue.
Action on Chavan`s resignation would be taken after
the report is submitted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal