`Adarsh land was in Def Min`s possession in 2004`
Mumbai: The corrigendum issued by
Maharashtra government on the ownership and possession of the
land on which the Adarsh Society stands, was "factually
incorrect", former city collector Pradeep Vyas said on Saturday.
Vyas also told the judicial panel probing the Adarsh
Housing Society scam that the land was in Defence Ministry`s
possession then, contrary to the corrigendum.
Sushil Kumar Shinde, currently a Union Minister, was then
the Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
The government, on August 16, 2004, had issued a
corrigendum to a Government Resolution (GR) of July 9,
deleting the words "possession is with the Defence
department". The GR was regarding the ownership and possession
status of the land.
One of the serious allegations in the Adarsh scam is that
government sanctioned construction of building on Defence
"The corrigendum is factually incorrect. I had written a
letter to the government on August 10, 2004, saying that
Defence was in possession of the land but ownership is of the
state government. I, however, did not tell the government that
the amendment of the GR was wrong," Vyas said.
The former collector, one of the accused in the case
registered by CBI, further said the amendment was carried out
at the request of the promoter of Adarsh Society.
"It is true that at the time of the GR, the land was not
in the possession of the state government. There was no
document of title with the Government of Maharashtra," Vyas
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!