Adarsh members seek apology from Modi over `land grab` charge
Mumbai: Members of Adarsh Housing Society on Wednesday issued a notice against Narendra Modi seeking apology for "defaming" the society and also threatened to file a defamation suit of Rs 100 crore in the High Court if the BJP`s PM nominee failed to oblige.
The members have accused Modi of making "baseless" allegations against the Society.
The notice signed by the society`s secretary RC Thakur has threatened to file a defamation suit of Rs 100 crore in the Bombay High Court if Modi failed to apologise or produce documents supporting his allegations within three days.
"The society and its members are constrained to serve you (Modi) this notice for defaming the Adarsh Society on baseless allegations which are not borne out of any material facts.”
"You (Modi) have, during your election, rallies attacked the Congress party and its leaders for which we have no complaints. But your attempt to tarnish us with fake and fabricated allegations like the Society has grabbed defence land meant for Kargil war veterans and their widows have caused irreparable damage to the Society and its members," reads the notice.
The notice claimed that a judicial inquiry commission set up by the Maharashtra government has concluded that the land where the highrise stands in South Mumbai belonged to the state government and not reserved for war veterans or their families.
"We demand you (Modi) to produce any document supporting your claim and allegations within three days of receipt of this notice. Failing this, we would be constrained to file a defamation suit of Rs 100 crore against you in the Bombay High Court," the notice said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- CTET May 8 exam: CBSE releases admit cards, eligible list for Haryana candidates
- Arvind Kejriwal lauds PM Narendra Modi's Cabinet Minister Suresh Prabhu – Know why
- OMG: Akshay Kumar's bodyguard punches a fan – Details inside
- SHOCKING! Pakistan umpire Aleem Dar's sons involved in major controversy in Scotland - Read full story
- Kerala Assembly Election 2016: Arun Jaitley to release NDA's vision document today