Adarsh members seek closure of CBI inquiry
Mumbai: Adarsh members have approached the Defence Ministry and the CBI seeking quashing of the FIR filed in the alleged multi-crore rupees scam in the housing society in the wake of a judicial probe of the Maharashtra government which had stated that the land belonged to the state and not defence.
In a letter written to Defence Minister AK Antony, CBI Director AP Singh and other senior officials, Manish Deasai, partner of Vidhii law firm, said, "There is no material on record to show that, the land on which the Adarsh building stands today belongs to Defence Ministry or that it was allotted to the society illegally."
The firm, which represents members of Adarsh Cooperative Housing Society, said the judicial commission appointed by the Maharashtra government which was headed by Justice (retd) J A Patil of Bombay High Court had ruled that the land was the property of the state government and not of the defence ministry.
Terming the entire controversy as a "typical case which can be called a trial by media", the members said "all comments of Kargil for profit and land reserved for Kargil Martyrs, war widows have in fact trampled upon the fundamental rights of some members of the society".
Adarsh case was registered by the CBI last year in which 14 people including former Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan were named as accused.
"Our client, therefore, requests you to look into the judicial commission report" and close the CBI inquiry, the members said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today