Adarsh panel issues summons to Deshmukh, Ashok Chavan
Mumbai: The inquiry commission probing
the Adarsh Housing Society scam has issued summons to former Maharashtra Chief Ministers Vilasrao Deshmukh and Ashok Chavan
to appear before it as witnesses.
The two-member commission, which summoned Union
Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde last week, issued summons to
Deshmukh, presently Union Minister for Rural Development, and
Chavan, who had to step down as the state chief
minister last year following the Adarsh controversy, has been named among the 14 accused by the CBI in its probe into the scam.
Chavan, the then State Revenue minister, is accused of
recommending 40 per cent allotment of flats in the Adarsh
Society, originally meant for Kargil war widows, to civilians.
His relatives allegedly got flats in return.
Deshmukh as Chief Minister had dealt with files
pertaining to the high rise in upscale Colaba.
Both the ex-CMs have now been added to the list of 17
witnesses summoned last week.
The list includes State Minister for Water Resources
Sunil Tatkare, Adarsh Society`s General Secretary R C Thakur,
former Principal Secretary of Urban Development department
Ramanand Tiwari, Congress leader K L Gidwani, former Collector
of Mumbai, Pradeep Vyas and former Under Secretary of Urban
Development department P V Deshmukh.
The Commission is presently recording the evidence of
first witness, Brigadier Deepak Saxena of the Army
Headquarters (Maharashtra, Goa and Gujarat).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!