Adarsh probe: CBI issues summons to 3, recovers Rs 23 lakh
Mumbai: CBI on Weenesday issued summons to three
main accused in the Adarsh Housing Society scam asking them to
appear before it by Friday and said it recovered Rs 23 lakh
from the residence of a former state official, who is also one
of the accused.
Summons were issued to Adarsh society`s general
secretary R C Thakur, retired Brigadier M M Wanchoo and
Congress leader K L Gidwani, CBI sources said.
The agency said that it has recovered Rs 23 lakh from
the residence of former Deputy Secretary of Urban Development
Department P V Deshmukh, one of the accused.
"Apart from certain documents, hard disk and laptop,
we recovered Rs 23 lakh from Deshmukh`s residence here," a CBI
Two months after initiating a preliminary inquiry, CBI
had on January 29 registered an FIR against 13 people,
including former chief minister Ashok Chavan, retired army
officials, bureaucrats and state government officials on
charges of criminal conspiracy, fraud and misuse of their
Soon after registration of the FIR, the agency
conducted searches at the premises of Thakur, Wanchoo, Gidwani
and Ramanand Tiwari - in various parts of Maharashtra and
Meanwhile, a team of CBI officials met Chief Secretary
Ratnakar Gaikwad today and submitted a letter requesting
logistical and infrastructural support for further probe into
"We have sought accommodation, manpower and other
infrastructural support. The chief secretary has assured to
render all support," a senior CBI official said.
"Now that a case has been registered and voluminous
documents have been seized from the houses of the main accused
and the office of Adarsh Society, we need accommodation to
keep those papers and question all the 103 members of the
Society," the official said.
The agency has also sought manpower like stenographers
for the clerical part of the investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25