Adarsh: Probe panel to submit interim report soon
Mumbai: The two-member inquiry commission set up by the Maharashtra government to probe into the scam tainted Adarsh Housing Society will soon submit its interim report to the government.
The interim report would include the commission`s findings on two issues - ownership of the land in south Mumbai where the 31-storey Adarsh building stands and whether the land was reserved for Kargil war widows and their relatives.
Maharashtra government had earlier this week filed an application before the judicial panel seeking an interim report on two of the 13 issues being looked into by it.
The commission Friday accepted the application and directed all the parties - state government, Ministry of Defence and Adarsh society - to argue on the two issues from March 1.
After hearing the parties the commission will prepare its report and submit it to the government.
The commission was set up by the government in January last year soon after the scam came to light. While the panel was to complete its probe within three months its term has been extended from time to time. The panel now has to submit its report by May 2012.
"The terms and conditions under which the commission was set up authorises the government to seek an interim report on its findings," the application filed by government said.
It further states that since the commission has examined 36 witnesses so far it must have come to a conclusion regarding title of the land and whether it was reserved for any particular class.
"The next session for the Legislative Assembly is in March 2012. It would be in the best interest of justice if the commission could file an interim report by then," the government`s application states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30