Adarsh: Probe panel to submit interim report soon
Mumbai: The two-member inquiry commission set up by the Maharashtra government to probe into the scam tainted Adarsh Housing Society will soon submit its interim report to the government.
The interim report would include the commission`s findings on two issues - ownership of the land in south Mumbai where the 31-storey Adarsh building stands and whether the land was reserved for Kargil war widows and their relatives.
Maharashtra government had earlier this week filed an application before the judicial panel seeking an interim report on two of the 13 issues being looked into by it.
The commission Friday accepted the application and directed all the parties - state government, Ministry of Defence and Adarsh society - to argue on the two issues from March 1.
After hearing the parties the commission will prepare its report and submit it to the government.
The commission was set up by the government in January last year soon after the scam came to light. While the panel was to complete its probe within three months its term has been extended from time to time. The panel now has to submit its report by May 2012.
"The terms and conditions under which the commission was set up authorises the government to seek an interim report on its findings," the application filed by government said.
It further states that since the commission has examined 36 witnesses so far it must have come to a conclusion regarding title of the land and whether it was reserved for any particular class.
"The next session for the Legislative Assembly is in March 2012. It would be in the best interest of justice if the commission could file an interim report by then," the government`s application states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?