Adarsh scam: Accused seeks keys of bank lockers
Mumbai: A key accused in the Adarsh Housing Society scam, Brigadier (retd) M M Wanchoo has moved an application in the special CBI court, seeking keys of his bank lockers and certain documents seized by the investigative agency.
"In the application, Wanchoo has sought the keys of his three bank lockers and certain documents that were seized by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)," a source said.
Apart from Wanchoo, the other high-profile accused in the case are suspended Information Commissioner Ramanand Tiwari, Adarsh chief promoter R C Thakur, Congress leader K L Gidwani, retired Lt Gen P K Rampal, Major Generals A R Kumar
and T K Kaul, Brig (retired) R C Sharma, former Collector Pradeep Vyas and former Deputy Secretary of the Urban Development Department P V Deshmukh.
The Adarsh Co-operative Housing Society, originally meant to be a six-storey structure to house Kargil war heroes and widows, got converted into a 31-storey tower through collusion of bureaucrats, politicians and top defence officers.
Several politicians, three former defence service chiefs and bureaucrats have cornered flat in the building that stands in the plush Colaba area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Hubby Rohit Roy lashes out at wife Dimpy Ganguly’s haters who trolled her for getting pregnant before marriage
- Bollywood celebrities recall Rahul Dev Burman on his 77th birthday
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to decide final payout for central government employees on June 29
- Apple cheers 2016 Pride celebration with a special rainbow Apple Watch!
- Heavy rainfall expected in Vidarbha, Telangana, Andhra; Monsoon set to enter Delhi, Punjab, Haryana