Adarsh scam: Ajit Pawar`s employee gets HC notice
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court today issued a
notice to former chairman of Ajit Sahakar Nagar Bank and an
employee of Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister and NCP leader
Ajit Pawar and directed him to file an affidavit giving
details of his property transactions, mode of investments and
properties held by him.
A division bench of Justice B H Marlapalle and Justice
U D Salvi was hearing a public interest litigation (PIL) filed
by former journalist Ketan Tirodkar who alleged that Pawar`s
employee Shivaji Kale was a member of scam-tainted Adarsh
Co-operative Housing Society and had obtained a flat by
giving false information in the affidavit.
According to Tirodkar, Kale, in an affidavit filed before
a collector in 2004, had said that his net taxable income per
month was Rs 12,000.
Tirodkar, in his PIL, said Kale was allotted an apartment
in the Society on the "strength of this affidavit and
recommendation of Ajit Pawar".
Kale had in his affidavit filed before the High Court on
December 2008 while seeking anticipatory bail in a case lodged
against him said he and his wife owned more than 70 properties
worth crores of rupees, the PIL said.
Tirodkar alleged Kale in the affidavit filed before
the court did not mention about the flat in the Adarsh Housing
The High Court has given Kale four weeks to file his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video