Adarsh scam: Bail pleas of 3 UDD officers rejected
Mumbai: The special CBI court here on Saturday rejected the bail applications of three officials of Maharashtra Urban Development Department, arrested in connection with a missing file related to the Adarsh Housing Society scam.
While refusing to grant bail to Desk Officer Gurudatt Wajpe, Assistant Town Planner NN Narvekar and Waman Rawool, the court observed that it was a major scam, and not some minor case of robbery.
The court also noted that Bombay High Court was monitoring the CBI`s investigation of the scam.
Earlier, the magistrate`s court had rejected the bail application of the three officers.
CBI had argued that probe was on and the accused had played important role in the disappearance of important documents from the UDD office last October, after the scam came to light.
It was Rawool himself who had lodged the initial complaint about missing file with the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid