Adarsh scam: Bail pleas of 3 UDD officers rejected
Mumbai: The special CBI court here on Saturday rejected the bail applications of three officials of Maharashtra Urban Development Department, arrested in connection with a missing file related to the Adarsh Housing Society scam.
While refusing to grant bail to Desk Officer Gurudatt Wajpe, Assistant Town Planner NN Narvekar and Waman Rawool, the court observed that it was a major scam, and not some minor case of robbery.
The court also noted that Bombay High Court was monitoring the CBI`s investigation of the scam.
Earlier, the magistrate`s court had rejected the bail application of the three officers.
CBI had argued that probe was on and the accused had played important role in the disappearance of important documents from the UDD office last October, after the scam came to light.
It was Rawool himself who had lodged the initial complaint about missing file with the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Stop trafficking with a click! New TraffickCam app targets sex workers
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia