Adarsh scam: Bail pleas of 3 UDD officers rejected
Mumbai: The special CBI court here on Saturday rejected the bail applications of three officials of Maharashtra Urban Development Department, arrested in connection with a missing file related to the Adarsh Housing Society scam.
While refusing to grant bail to Desk Officer Gurudatt Wajpe, Assistant Town Planner NN Narvekar and Waman Rawool, the court observed that it was a major scam, and not some minor case of robbery.
The court also noted that Bombay High Court was monitoring the CBI`s investigation of the scam.
Earlier, the magistrate`s court had rejected the bail application of the three officers.
CBI had argued that probe was on and the accused had played important role in the disappearance of important documents from the UDD office last October, after the scam came to light.
It was Rawool himself who had lodged the initial complaint about missing file with the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Pakistan's JeM leader, suspected militant killed in shootout in Kashmir
- Abhishek Bachchan's thoughts about getting inked- Know what the actor feels
- Why Priyanka Gandhi should lead Congress? – Explained by those in opposition
- Govt rejects ISIS video threat, says patriotism brimming in every Indian Muslim
- Loss of Y chromosomes ups Alzheimer's risk in men