Adarsh scam: BMC wants OC powers from MMRDA
Mumbai: Shiv Sena-BJP controlled
Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) wants the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) to return the power of granting the Occupancy Certificate (OC) for newly
"We want the MMRDA to return the authority of issuing
OC to the BMC, as there are several departments and committees
in the BMC which would ensure proper scrutiny," Standing
Committee Chairperson Rahul Shewale told reporters.
The state government has appointed MMRDA, the special
town planning authority for four notified areas - Bandra-Kurla
Complex (BKC), Oshiwara District Centre (ODC), Backbay
Reclamation Scheme (BBRS) and Gorai-Manori areas.
In January 2009, MMRDA Commissioner Ratnakar Gaikwad
wrote a letter to then Municipal Commissioner Jairaj Phatak,
asking for rights from Commencement Certificate (CC) to
Occupation Certificate (OC).
"We would soon talk to MMRDA about this," Shewale
Corporators in the General Body meeting of the civic
body yesterday indulged in a verbal duel over the
controversial Adarsh housing society in Colaba.
Leader of the House, Sunil Prabhu said, "The Chief
Minister grabs flats meant for widows and kin of Kargil war
and gave it his own family members."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?