Adarsh scam: BMC wants OC powers from MMRDA
Mumbai: Shiv Sena-BJP controlled
Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) wants the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) to return the power of granting the Occupancy Certificate (OC) for newly
"We want the MMRDA to return the authority of issuing
OC to the BMC, as there are several departments and committees
in the BMC which would ensure proper scrutiny," Standing
Committee Chairperson Rahul Shewale told reporters.
The state government has appointed MMRDA, the special
town planning authority for four notified areas - Bandra-Kurla
Complex (BKC), Oshiwara District Centre (ODC), Backbay
Reclamation Scheme (BBRS) and Gorai-Manori areas.
In January 2009, MMRDA Commissioner Ratnakar Gaikwad
wrote a letter to then Municipal Commissioner Jairaj Phatak,
asking for rights from Commencement Certificate (CC) to
Occupation Certificate (OC).
"We would soon talk to MMRDA about this," Shewale
Corporators in the General Body meeting of the civic
body yesterday indulged in a verbal duel over the
controversial Adarsh housing society in Colaba.
Leader of the House, Sunil Prabhu said, "The Chief
Minister grabs flats meant for widows and kin of Kargil war
and gave it his own family members."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan