Adarsh scam: BMC wants OC powers from MMRDA
Mumbai: Shiv Sena-BJP controlled
Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) wants the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) to return the power of granting the Occupancy Certificate (OC) for newly
"We want the MMRDA to return the authority of issuing
OC to the BMC, as there are several departments and committees
in the BMC which would ensure proper scrutiny," Standing
Committee Chairperson Rahul Shewale told reporters.
The state government has appointed MMRDA, the special
town planning authority for four notified areas - Bandra-Kurla
Complex (BKC), Oshiwara District Centre (ODC), Backbay
Reclamation Scheme (BBRS) and Gorai-Manori areas.
In January 2009, MMRDA Commissioner Ratnakar Gaikwad
wrote a letter to then Municipal Commissioner Jairaj Phatak,
asking for rights from Commencement Certificate (CC) to
Occupation Certificate (OC).
"We would soon talk to MMRDA about this," Shewale
Corporators in the General Body meeting of the civic
body yesterday indulged in a verbal duel over the
controversial Adarsh housing society in Colaba.
Leader of the House, Sunil Prabhu said, "The Chief
Minister grabs flats meant for widows and kin of Kargil war
and gave it his own family members."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Yazidi victim demands genocide trial for Islamic State leaders
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer advance but Britain's World No. 706 Marcus Willis steals show
- It's so simple! Watch how to get ready sans make-up
- Hizbul Mujahideen commander killed in Kashmir gunfight
- BCCI rejected Cricket Advisory Committee's proposal to appoint Ravi Shastri batting coach - Here's why