Adarsh scam: CBI extended Gidwani’s custody
Mumbai: Adarsh Housing Society promoter K L Gidwani`s custody to the CBI was extended on Monday for a day by a special court here.
The special court extended Gidwani`s custody accepting the agency`s plea that the accused has to be interrogated further to identify the high and mighty ones in the Maharashtra government who had allegedly dealt with the Adarsh Housing file and for whom flats were booked in the Society.
The CBI said during his interrogation, Gidwani revealed
that the payment for four benami flats in the Adarsh Society
was made by him through his bank.
Of these four flats, two were reserved in proxy to oblige
influential state government officials who dealt with the
concerned file during the relevant period, the agency said.
The CBI told the court that interrogation also revealed
that Gidwani was instrumental in managing various clearances
from different state departments by adopting similar modus
operandi which needs to be unearthed.
The CBI alleged that Gidwani had opened an account in
Kallappanna Awde Ichalkaranji Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd in a
proxy name at Sangli, in which huge amount of cash was
deposited from time to time.
Most of the cash deposited in the account was then
transferred to the accounts of Gidwani`s wife, son and
daughter-in-law which are in HDFC Bank in Worli, the agency
Thereafter, the said amounts were transferred to the
account of a firm called M/s Jai Maharashtra, HDFC Bank,
Worli, in which his sons are directors, it submitted.
Further, CBI said, this money was used for making
payments towards the benami flats booked in the Adarsh
The source of the cash would be revealed by none other
than Gidwani and hence his police custody was being sought to
be extended, the central agency said.
The CBI also said that a search was conducted at the
residence of Proprietor of M/s Samarth Enterprises, Sangli
and incriminating documents were seized.
Documents have been called from the concerned bank,
witnesses have been identified and the CBI is in process of
recording their statements, the agency said in the remand
The CBI also said that it has to scrutinise and confront
the accused with the incriminating documents collected during
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'