Adarsh scam: CBI extended Gidwani’s custody
Mumbai: Adarsh Housing Society promoter K L Gidwani`s custody to the CBI was extended on Monday for a day by a special court here.
The special court extended Gidwani`s custody accepting the agency`s plea that the accused has to be interrogated further to identify the high and mighty ones in the Maharashtra government who had allegedly dealt with the Adarsh Housing file and for whom flats were booked in the Society.
The CBI said during his interrogation, Gidwani revealed
that the payment for four benami flats in the Adarsh Society
was made by him through his bank.
Of these four flats, two were reserved in proxy to oblige
influential state government officials who dealt with the
concerned file during the relevant period, the agency said.
The CBI told the court that interrogation also revealed
that Gidwani was instrumental in managing various clearances
from different state departments by adopting similar modus
operandi which needs to be unearthed.
The CBI alleged that Gidwani had opened an account in
Kallappanna Awde Ichalkaranji Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd in a
proxy name at Sangli, in which huge amount of cash was
deposited from time to time.
Most of the cash deposited in the account was then
transferred to the accounts of Gidwani`s wife, son and
daughter-in-law which are in HDFC Bank in Worli, the agency
Thereafter, the said amounts were transferred to the
account of a firm called M/s Jai Maharashtra, HDFC Bank,
Worli, in which his sons are directors, it submitted.
Further, CBI said, this money was used for making
payments towards the benami flats booked in the Adarsh
The source of the cash would be revealed by none other
than Gidwani and hence his police custody was being sought to
be extended, the central agency said.
The CBI also said that a search was conducted at the
residence of Proprietor of M/s Samarth Enterprises, Sangli
and incriminating documents were seized.
Documents have been called from the concerned bank,
witnesses have been identified and the CBI is in process of
recording their statements, the agency said in the remand
The CBI also said that it has to scrutinise and confront
the accused with the incriminating documents collected during
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you