Adarsh scam: CBI files charge sheet in counsel bribe case
Mumbai: CBI has filed a chargesheet in a case where a bribe was allegedly paid to its counsel Mandar Goswami to dilute the Adarsh Housing Society case.
Former member of Maharashtra Legislative Council and key accused in Adarsh scam Kanhaiyalal Gidwani, his son Kailash, tax consultant JK Jagiasi and CBI`s retainer counsel Mandar Goswami were earlier arrested in the case.
The 500-page charge sheet, divided into three volumes, contains a list of 17 witnesses.
Since the accused Kanhaiyalal Gidwani died last year, the case against him would be abated, sources in the probe agency said.
Several other documentary evidences such as call record data and copies of Jagiasi`s petty cash book are also the part of the charge sheet, they said.
According to the charge sheet, Kanhaiyalal allegedly paid Jagiasi a sum of Rs 1.25 crore to influence CBI retainer counsel Mandar Goswami.
The central agency claimed that Rs 25 lakh was paid to Goswami to pass on investigation-related information as well as the strategy of CBI officials probing the Adarsh case.
CBI had arrested Jagiasi on March 4 last year, while Kanhaiyalal Gidwani, his son Kailash and Goswami were arrested on March 5. All the accused were granted bail after 15 days of their arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!