Adarsh scam: CBI to file chargesheet against Gidwani, son
Mumbai: In more trouble for former Congress MLC Kanhaiyalal Gidwani, CBI will soon file a charge sheet against him and his son Kailash Gidwani in a case of bribing public servants to dilute charges levelled against them in the multi-crore Adarsh Housing Society scam.
Gidwani is one of the 13 accused along with former Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan to be chargesheeted by CBI on July 4 for their alleged involvement in the Adarsh scam.
Gidwani and Kailash were arrested in March by CBI along with the agency`s counsel Mandar Goswami and tax consultant J K Jagiasi in an alleged graft case.
According to CBI, the Gidwanis had paid Rs 1.25 crore bribe to Jagiasi, who had flaunted close links with CBI officers including Goswami, to weaken the charges levelled against them in the Adarsh scam.
Jagiasi, who used to file Goswami`s income tax returns, in turn gave Rs 25 lakh to the CBI counsel.
The agency is now at the fag end of investigation into the bribe case and is likely to file charge sheet in the case by the end of this month.
CBI had stumbled upon the bribe case with the arrest of Jagiasi first on February 20 for allegedly demanding a Rs 25 lakh bribe from an Air India official, accused in a CBI case, for dilution of the charges against him. During interrogation, it was learnt that Jagiasi had also approached Gidwani seeking a bribe of Rs 1.25 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in for Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM? Twitteratis had a blast
- VVIP chopper deal: After CBI, SP Tyagi to be questioned by Enforcement Directorate
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016, NBSE 12th Class Result 2016 announced; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- WATCH: Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir kicks a chair to celebrate team's win over Royal Challengers Bangalore