Adarsh scam: HC to hear CBI`s plea to remove Chavan`s name from FIR
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Mumbai: The Bombay High Court is expected to hear on Thursday the CBI`s review petition plea to remove former Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan`s name from the FIR lodged in connection with the Adarsh Housing Society scam.
The CBI had yesterday approached the Bombay High Court after the lower court refused to end the criminal prosecution of Chavan in the Adarsh case.
The special CBI court, in January this year, had turned CBI`s plea to drop Chavan`s name from the First Information Report (FIR).
CBI had filed the application after Maharashtra Governor refused sanction to prosecute Chavan, on the ground that there was not much evidence against the Congress leader.
Chavan had stepped down as the Chief Minister after the scam came to light in 2010. CBI, in the FIR, had accused Chavan of approving additional floor space index for Adarsh in return for two flats for his relatives.
He was also charged with illegally approving, as the revenue minister, allotment of 40 per cent of the flats to civilians when the society was allegedly meant only for Kargil war widows and defence personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Facebook blocks pic of plus-size model Tess Holliday, apologises later
- Brazilian research proves Aedes aegypti mosquito as source of Zika virus!
- 'Nokia could cut 10,000-15,000 jobs worldwide'
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016
- Air ambulance with seven people crash lands in Delhi's Najafgarh