Adarsh scam: Inquiry panel pulls up Union Law Ministry
Mumbai: A day after rapping several
Maharashtra government departments for failing to submit
documents in connection with the Adarsh Housing Society scam,
the Commission probing the matter on Tuesday pulled up the Union
Law Ministry after its senior lawyer and official skipped the
panel`s proceedings here.
The two-member Judicial Commission, set up by the
Maharashtra Government to probe the multi-crore scam, had
asked Ministry of Law and Justice, Ministry of Defence, State
Environment Department and local civic transport body BEST to
submit all relevant documents today.
However, both the senior counsel and Joint Secretary
of the Law and Justice Department were absent and only a
junior lawyer was present.
"What is the reason for not attending the proceedings
when specific directions were given to remain present and
submit all documents? You (junior lawyer) could have at least
taken instructions from the senior lawyer as to whether the
documents would be submitted today or not," retired High Court
Judge JA Patil, who is heading the Commission, said.
The panel, set up in January, was expected to submit
its report within three months. However, due to logistical
glitches, the Commission began its work in February and hence
sought extension of three more months. It is now expected to
submit its report by June 7.
The panel was constituted to look into the matters of
land ownership of Adarsh Society, if the land was reserved for
Kargil war heroes, reservation of flats, expansion of
adjoining road, change in reservation of the BEST plot,
alleged role of bureaucrats and violations of CRZ norms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!