Adarsh scam: Maha govt seeks interim report
Mumbai: A year after an inquiry commission was set up to probe the scam-tainted Adarsh Housing Society, the Maharashtra government has sought an interim report from the panel.
The state government has filed an application before the two-member inquiry commission, seeking an interim report on two of the 13 issues being looked into by the judicial panel.
The two issues include ownership of the land in South Mumbai, on which the 31-storey Adarsh building stands and secondly, whether the land was reserved to house the Kargil war widows and their relatives.
The commission, headed by retired Justice J A Patil, will hear the application on February 24.
The commission was set up by the government in January last year, soon after the scam had come to light. While the panel was to complete its probe within three months, its term has been extended from time to time. The panel now has to submit its report by May 2012.
"The terms and conditions, under which, the commission was set up, authorises the government to seek an interim report on its findings," the application states.
It further states that since the commission has examined 36 witnesses so far, it must have come to a conclusion regarding the title of the land and whether it was reserved for any particular class.
"The next session for the Legislative Assembly is in March 2012. It would be in the best interest of justice, if the Commission could file an interim report by then," the government`s application states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened