Adarsh scam: Sena-BJP also to blame, says Nirupam
Mumbai: With his party facing flak in the Adarsh Society scam, a Congress MP from North Mumbai on Monday said the BJP-Shiv Sena combine too is to blame.
"Besides Congress, Shiv Sena has played a big role in the scam. The entire scam started during the time of Shiv Sena government in 1999. The environment clearance was given by Shiv Sena ministers," Lok Sabha member Sanjay Nirupam said.
At that time, Nirupam said, the Defence Minister was George Fernandes, who was NDA convener.
"The co-promoter of Adarsh society (Kanhaiyalal Gidwani) was a Shiv Sena MLC. Shiv Sena`s role should be investigated and the party should explain its position," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj