Adarsh society accuses VK Singh of plotting to defame it
Mumbai: A week after claiming that high ranking officials from the MoD were targeting the Adarsh society as they were not granted membership, the society has now trained its gun on former Army Chief V K Singh, accusing him of being behind the "plot" to "settle scores with his predecessors".
According to the Adarsh society, Singh, who recently retired as Chief of Army Staff, initiated a plot to "tarnish and defame" the society and its members including several army officials and bureaucrats.
The allegations against Singh have been levelled by the society in its reply filed in the Bombay High Court on an application by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) seeking to intervene in a batch of PILs related to the scam.
The MoD had sought to intervene after the society and Maharashtra government objected to the ongoing CBI probe into the scam as neither the state not the high court had ordered such an inquiry, as required under the law.
"The alleged Adarsh scam is a plot initiated by the then Army chief V K Singh. Singh had taken charge in April 2010 and had succeeded Deepak Kapoor, who is a member of Adarsh society," the reply said.
It claimed that after taking charge Singh directed the Army headquarters to write a letter to the Southern Command in Pune seeking details about the Adarsh society matter.
"Singh sought details about the society to settle scores with his predecessors and wanted to tarnish and defame Adarsh society and its members," the society`s reply filed by one of its members retired Lt Commander G S Grewal has alleged.
In a letter to MoD last week, the society had claimed that high ranking officials from the ministry were targeting it as they were not granted membership.
The letter, which was issued in reply to MoD`s May 28 notice asking the society and state government to hand over possession of the land to the Army had however not named any official from the MoD or Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced