Adarsh society launches website to bring forth the "truth"
Mumbai: In an attempt to put forth their version, the Adarsh Housing Society, which has been embroiled in a scam over alleged irregularities, has launched a website giving out details of the society and how they procured permissions from the Maharashtra government.
The website `www.Adarshsociety.In` throws light on the history of the land in south Mumbai where the plush 31-storey Adarsh building stands, how the society was formed, permissions taken and so on.
"Till date a lot has been said and done against the society and its members. Allegations that the building has been constructed in a brazen manner violating rules and procedure have also been levelled. To put our side of the story and the truth behind the matter, the society members have launched the website," society`s secretary RC Thakur said.
The website includes links like `Truth about Adarsh` and `Documents Gallery`. "All documents (over 50) pertaining to the society which include permission letters, affidavits filed by the state government, the Ministry of Defence and other involved parties, occupancy certificate issued to the society and others have been uploaded on the site," Thakur said.
In the `Truth about Adarsh` link, the society has alleged that the Adarsh controversy was a machination of "jealous Generals, mediocre bureaucrats and novice policemen (CBI) who misrepresented facts without adequate study."
"This website attempts to throw light on their intrigue. General VK Singh and his subordinates like Brigadier Deepak Saxena and Lt Gen Sanjeev Chopra fabricated a story that the Adarsh land is owned by the Ministry of Defence. This claim is contrary to the records maintained by the Directorate-General of Defence Estates of the Ministry of Defence itself," the website alleges.
"The website will help the common man to see the truth for himself instead of relying on media reports," Thakur said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi