Adarsh society launches website to bring forth the "truth"
Mumbai: In an attempt to put forth their version, the Adarsh Housing Society, which has been embroiled in a scam over alleged irregularities, has launched a website giving out details of the society and how they procured permissions from the Maharashtra government.
The website `www.Adarshsociety.In` throws light on the history of the land in south Mumbai where the plush 31-storey Adarsh building stands, how the society was formed, permissions taken and so on.
"Till date a lot has been said and done against the society and its members. Allegations that the building has been constructed in a brazen manner violating rules and procedure have also been levelled. To put our side of the story and the truth behind the matter, the society members have launched the website," society`s secretary RC Thakur said.
The website includes links like `Truth about Adarsh` and `Documents Gallery`. "All documents (over 50) pertaining to the society which include permission letters, affidavits filed by the state government, the Ministry of Defence and other involved parties, occupancy certificate issued to the society and others have been uploaded on the site," Thakur said.
In the `Truth about Adarsh` link, the society has alleged that the Adarsh controversy was a machination of "jealous Generals, mediocre bureaucrats and novice policemen (CBI) who misrepresented facts without adequate study."
"This website attempts to throw light on their intrigue. General VK Singh and his subordinates like Brigadier Deepak Saxena and Lt Gen Sanjeev Chopra fabricated a story that the Adarsh land is owned by the Ministry of Defence. This claim is contrary to the records maintained by the Directorate-General of Defence Estates of the Ministry of Defence itself," the website alleges.
"The website will help the common man to see the truth for himself instead of relying on media reports," Thakur said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state