Adarsh Society scam: Maha opposition leaders to meet Prez, to seek governor`s recall
Mumbai: A delegation of state opposition parties would meet President Pranab Mukherjee to demand that state governor K Sankaranarayanan be recalled for not granting CBI the permission to prosecute former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan in the Adarsh Society scam, BJP said on Sunday.
CBI has named Chavan, a Congress leader, in its FIR. He was also indicted by the judicial commission which conducted inquiry into the scam.
The delegation of leaders from BJP, Shiv Sena, RPI, Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghtana and Rashtriya Samaj Party would be led by Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, and it would meet the President on February 11, said BJP leader Kirit Somaiya here.
It will include senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde, Sena MP Anant Gite, Maharashtra BJP leaders Devendra Fadnavis and Vinod Tawde, RPI chief Ramdas Athawale, Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut and Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghtana`s Raju Shetty.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!