Adarsh Society scam: Maha opposition leaders to meet Prez, to seek governor`s recall
Mumbai: A delegation of state opposition parties would meet President Pranab Mukherjee to demand that state governor K Sankaranarayanan be recalled for not granting CBI the permission to prosecute former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan in the Adarsh Society scam, BJP said on Sunday.
CBI has named Chavan, a Congress leader, in its FIR. He was also indicted by the judicial commission which conducted inquiry into the scam.
The delegation of leaders from BJP, Shiv Sena, RPI, Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghtana and Rashtriya Samaj Party would be led by Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, and it would meet the President on February 11, said BJP leader Kirit Somaiya here.
It will include senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde, Sena MP Anant Gite, Maharashtra BJP leaders Devendra Fadnavis and Vinod Tawde, RPI chief Ramdas Athawale, Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut and Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghtana`s Raju Shetty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what