Adarsh Society scam: Maha opposition leaders to meet Prez, to seek governor`s recall
Mumbai: A delegation of state opposition parties would meet President Pranab Mukherjee to demand that state governor K Sankaranarayanan be recalled for not granting CBI the permission to prosecute former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan in the Adarsh Society scam, BJP said on Sunday.
CBI has named Chavan, a Congress leader, in its FIR. He was also indicted by the judicial commission which conducted inquiry into the scam.
The delegation of leaders from BJP, Shiv Sena, RPI, Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghtana and Rashtriya Samaj Party would be led by Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, and it would meet the President on February 11, said BJP leader Kirit Somaiya here.
It will include senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde, Sena MP Anant Gite, Maharashtra BJP leaders Devendra Fadnavis and Vinod Tawde, RPI chief Ramdas Athawale, Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut and Swabhimani Shetkari Sanghtana`s Raju Shetty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes